CIAN - Travel Grants
Prospective Graduate School Visits
The Center for Integrated Access Networks (CIAN) awards travel grants for minority or female undergraduate students to visit CIAN universities to:
1. Meet with CIAN faculty and students
2. Learn about CIAN research
3. Tour the research laboratories and campus
The campus visit will be coordinated by CIAN faculty/staff and are usually 2 full days in length. However, in some cases, the campus may also have an established recruitment event that you will need to apply to or have a faculty nomination to be selected for attendance (such programs may also provide travel costs).
Please submit all correspondence concerning the Travel Grant Program to Dr.Frances Williams
- Applications are continually being reviewed; submissions are accepted at any time.
Note: Some of the CIAN institutions also offer graduate school recruitment weekends that have specific deadlines
- Travel must be completed within 6 months of the date of application.
- A junior or senior student (at the time of travel).
- Travel Grant evaluators especially appreciate and give due weight to thoughtful, focused student statements.
Range of support:
- Travel grants include transportation/lodging expenses and per diem.
- The committee will award up to $1,000.00 per student, even though the cost of visiting the institution may exceed that amount
Notification of Awards:
- The process of award determination generally takes one month.
- The campus visit will be coordinated by CIAN faculty/staff.
NASEPCIAN Student Retreat 2012